Hearn’s History

This family business has included three generations. Kelly Hearn bought the present property from Herb Sparling in 1948. He built the cement block building where he and his wife Eileen bottled milk and delivered door to door. In 1966 they became the first franchised distributor for Silverwoods. Barry became a partner and bought the business in 1978. He sold the milk business in September 1989 to Silverwoods. Eileen put in a soft ice cream machine in 1967 and it has grown every year since. There has been many family members and students work seasonal jobs either with the milk delivery or serving ice cream and footlongs. Barry’s wife Myrt got involved and has started making frozen desserts. Since 1995 there has been many ice cream cakes and pies sold to families for different occasions. Now Barry and Myrt’s son Bob purchased the ice cream business at 327 Queen Street East in 2002.

BWbuilding

BarryBW

horseBW

Facebook
insta

Hearn's Ice Cream  |  327 Queen Street East St. Marys, Ontario  |  519-284-2096  |  Website Created by Evolution Web Management